Tuesday, July 06, 2004

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. Having not posted for a while I decided to take the time to go through some of the news I may have missed recently.

I have run across 4 articles concerning pet custody, one which I stopped to read, and it detailed several cases - one costing upwards of $30,000, another more than $150,000. I assume I don't have to comment on how disgusting I find this.

To me this is just another case of the judicial system completely abusing and denigrating the laws put into place to protect children. While the "custody" arrangement of ones dog may elicit strong emotional feelings for them, ordering a "bonding study" be done by an animal behaviorist (as discussed here)shows how disinterested judges are in narrowing the scope of family law all while they claim to be terribly overworked and under-staffed. Ordering a de facto custody evaluation for a dog clearly demonstrates how ineffective our judicial system is at determining much of anything, particularly the fate of a couple's child.

I suppose I am just wondering if this country has completely thrown common sense out the window or does filing a for divorce incite some type of chemical imbalance in the minds of all involved parties?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory