Thursday, June 30, 2005

Lost Liberty Hotel

I briefly discussed the Supreme Court eminent domain decision and though admittedly it is not directly related to Father's Rights - I believe, as I mentioned, it is just another gross misuse of government power.

In that vein, and for a bit of levity, I stumbled upon this press release. Basically, a developer has petitioned to build a hotel on the residence of Supreme Court Justice David Souter in Weare, New Hampshire. The hotel will be named "The Lost Liberty Hotel."

The developer claims this is a serious venture and proposes to include within the hotel a "Just Desserts Café" and a "museum featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America."

Also, a pledge was started on Pledge Bank where people are promising to spend 7 days at the hotel were it built. At this writing, 642 people have signed the pledge and it will remain active for the next 60 days. (You can sign by clicking on the Pledge Bank link).

Update: Just stumbled on this related Mens News Daily Article.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meg, I found a link to my blog on this blog. I just wanted to thank you for this. I will return the favor by placing one on my blog to you. If it is ok of course. You have sent a few people my way and I hope to do the same for you:)...tom g

11:32 PM  
Blogger Iguana said...

Building a hotel on Suoter's home is a great idea! I hope there are others out there with this kind of money that will do the same with the rest of the Justices that voted for this extremely bad decision. Most of them are old and probably fairly comfortable in their homes. Making them move would show them what they have done to the rest of us.

I think this decision is indicative of the philosophy of those that want to make sure that government has virtually unlimited power to interfere in our lives. They want to protect things like their outragous laws regarding DV and make sure that judges have the authority to take kids from fathers.

This decision was part of their effort to protect those powers. I think it actually has very little to do with eminent domain.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory