Monday, August 29, 2005

Parents are vital to kids

SPORTS - Battle Creek Enquirer

Ugh - just a little excerpt because after I read it I couldn't breathe for a second. It completely encapsulated how I felt when my mother left the first time though I suppose then I couldn't quite articulate that feeling:

I'll never understand those who can look into the face of their children particularly young kids and tell them they're leaving.

To me, they're simply saying "I love myself, more than I love you."


Please don't send me hate mail about this. I realize that as a married parent who may have all sorts of reasons why you HAD to split up. Just know that most likely this is what your children *hear* when you announce your divorce.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory