Monday, May 12, 2008

Obama's Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Families Act

Apparently part of Barack Obama's platform on family includes the following:

Strengthen Fatherhood and Families: Since 1960, the number of American children without fathers in their lives has quadrupled, from 6 million to more than 24 million. Children without fathers in their lives are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime, nine times more likely to drop out of school, and 20 times more likely to end up in prison. Barack Obama has re-introduced the Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Families Act to remove some of the government penalties on married families, crack down on men avoiding child support payments, ensure that support payments go to families instead of state bureaucracies, fund support services for fathers and their families, and support domestic violence prevention efforts. As president, Obama will sign this bill into law and continue to implement innovative measures to strengthen families.

This is not an endorsement but is certainly interesting. I'm always concerned with the "crack down" language in reference to purported support dodgers without corresponding language about parental rights, accountability, etc...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger frances said...

This is very interesting. I hope something like this in the UK will be implemented. My brother is currently going through custody battle against his ex-wife for their 4yo daughter. He's already contacted a bunch of UK Solicitors to help him with his case. I just hope this will be over soon.

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fathers' rigths community should take not of Foster v Wolkwoitz, with more information at fostervwolkowitz.net. It will be hard in the Michigan Supreme Court on March, 10, 2010.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad action is being taken to protect and promote fathers' rights. Sometimes they are the better parent. We can only hope that the courts will continue to improve in treating both parents with fair and equal consideration in child custody battles.

http://www.jpinvestigations.com/child-custody-investigation/

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE SPELL CASTER (DR. GBOJIE) THAT HELPED ME BRING BACK MY DIVORCE HUSBAND CONTACT HIM NOW FOR ANY KIND OF HELP

With so much in my heart i am here to express myself on how Dr. GBOJIE saved my marriage from divorce. Myself and my husband were having some misunderstanding and it was tearing our marriage apart to the extend my husband was seeking for a divorce. So i have no option than to go to the internet to seek for solution to my problem it was there i came across Dr. GBOJIE details and about how he has helped a lot of people by restoring there relationship. I contact Dr.GBOJIE and in less than 48 hours my husband cancelled the divorce papers. Now myself and my husband live together in peace and harmony all thanks to Dr.GBOJIE for saving my marriage from breaking up. Dr. GBOJIE contact information are via email: gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com or call his phone number or WhatsApp: +2349066410185 .or check out his website :http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory